On December 10, 2014, the Human Rights Alliance for Child Refugees and Families organized an event in honor of International Human Rights Day called "Fue El Estado: A Community Teach-In on Global Human Rights Abuses".
WHERE: L.A. Workers' Center @ 1251 S. Saint Andrews St, Los Angeles, CA
WHEN: Wednesday, December 10, 2014
MESSAGE FROM THE ALLIANCE:
Our people are under siege in and outside of the United States--from Central America to Ferguson, Ayotzinapa, Palestine, and the Philippines!
Last month alone, we saw:
- U.S. President Obama announce his executive action to provide temporary status for 5 million migrants while keeping the remaining 7 million at risk for deportation and 34,000 migrants remain incarcerated in immigration detention, including children.
- The Mexican attorney general openly--without remorse or reservation--announced that the Guerrero municipal police was involved in the disappearance/murder of the 43 students ("normalistas") from Ayotzinapa.
- A state grand jury from Ferguson, Missouri refused to indict a white cop for murdering unarmed Mike Brown, an 18-year-old black youth.
This year alone, we saw:
- The Israeli state air force launched more than 15 strikes on the Gaza Strip killing hundreds of innocent Palestinian men, women and children.
- An unprecedented increase in the number of unaccompanied Central American minors migrating to the United States as a result of poverty and state-induced violence.
- and so many more injustices around the world!
When do we say enough is enough?!
#YaMeCanse #BlackLivesMatter #Not1More #FreePalestine
::Ayotzinapa & Palestina & Ferguson. Mi Barrio. Tu Barrio::
HOST ORGANIZATIONS: Human Rights Alliance for Child Refugees & Families, Bayan Southern California, Unión del Barrio, Juventud FMLN-Sur de California, the International League of People's Struggle (ILPS), Dignity & Power NOW, IDEPSCA, Red Guards - Los Angeles, Students for Justice in Palestine, Frente Ayotzinapa, and Homies Unidos.